General Citation Information and Jurisdiction
- All convictions for moving violations are reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety Records Division.
- If making a court appearance, bring your driver’s license, motor vehicle insurance, and the copy of the citation with you.
- Payment of fines (except for juveniles*) is accepted by mail, drop box, and automated system. Please read more about court payments.
- Unless you appear in court or make payment on or before 10 days from receiving your citation, an additional charge may be filed against you and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
- You have the right to appear in court and contest the charge filed against you, and you have the right to a trial by either a judge or a jury.
- You may also be denied renewal of your Texas Driver’s License.
*NOTE: If the violator is 16 years of age or younger, they must appear in court and be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. See Juvenile Page
Legal Restrictions / Regulations
The Lake Jackson Municipal Court is a court of record established pursuant to the Texas Government Code, the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, and the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Lake Jackson, Texas. The court has exclusive original jurisdiction within the territorial limits of the city in all criminal cases that arise under the ordinances of the city and are punishable by a fine of up to $2,000 in cases that govern fire safety, zoning, or public health and sanitation (including dumping of refuse) and up to $500 in all other cases arising under a municipal ordinance. The court also has jurisdiction in the forfeiture and final judgment of all bail bonds and personal bonds taken in criminal cases of which the court has jurisdiction. The court also has power to punish for contempt by a fine of not more than $100 or confinement in the city jail for not more than three days, or both such a fine and confinement in jail.
MUNICIPAL COURT OF RECORD
5 Oak Drive, Suite B
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
Phone: (979) 415-2757
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm