The 2023 General Election will be held Saturday, May 6, 2023. The following positions are up for election in the 2023 General Election for a two-year term:
- Councilmember Position No. 1
- Councilmember Position No. 3
- Councilmember Position No. 5
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office, a person must:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; and
- on the date described by the preceding item “5.”, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected.
- satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
First day to file for a position on the ballot: January 18, 2023
Last day to file for a position on the ballot: February 17, 2023
2023 IMPORTANT DATES
|First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail|| Saturday, January 1, 2023|
|Wednesday, January 18, 2023|
|Friday, February 17, 2023|
|Friday, February 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Last Day to Register to Vote|| Thursday, April 6, 2023|
|First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||Monday, April 24, 2023|
|Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail|
(Received, not Postmarked)
|Tuesday, April 25, 2023|
|Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||Tuesday, May 2, 2023|
|Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail|
Saturday, May 6, 2023 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m.
Find additional election related dates and information at: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/election/candidates/index.shtml (posted in accordance with TX. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statue, and available at: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/guide/2018/local.shtml
Election Registry Results
Election registry contains election results from past elections.
For more information regarding City of Lake Jackson elections, contact the Lake Jackson City Secretary's office at (979) 415-2403 or (979) 415-2401.