CenterPoint will be installing a number of Intelligent Grid Switching Devices (IGSDs) in Lake Jackson between now and the end of this year. Please see the locations below:
1. Near the intersection of F.M. 2004 and Dahua Street
2. Near the intersection of F.M. 2004 and Daffodil Street
3. Near the intersection of Highway 332 and F.M. 2004
4. Near the intersection of Highway 288 and F.M. 2004
5. Near the intersection of Oak Drive and Circle Way
6. Near the intersection of Cherry Street and Magnolia Street
7. Off Highway 288, north of Oyster Creek Drive
8. South of the intersection of F.M. 2004 and Lake Road
The locations were selected based on a number of factors, but are primarily driven by minimizing outages for the most customers (while also considering critical customers), ability to communicate via the wireless network (if they cannot communicate with the device it will not operate when needed) and aesthetics of the neighborhood. Click here
for a photo of what these devices look like.These devices reduce the extent and duration of service interruptions for customers, thereby improving reliability. It will not alter the other work that is being done to minimize outages, including the reconductor projects, 90 day vegetation inspections and cycle trimming. It will complement these other efforts.
More devices are planned for 2018 and as we draw near to installation, we will make sure to relay the information as soon as possible.
Feel free to contact us for additional information (979)415-2406.