YAC (Youth Advisory Commission)
The mission of the Youth Advisory Commission is to provide local youth an active voice for the City of Lake Jackson and to improve youth involvement in the community.
- Serve as the liaison between the youth of Lake Jackson and the City of Lake Jackson.
- Provide guidance and support for youth-focused programs and events.
- Provide input on youth services and programming to City Council and City Staff.
- Advocate for the needs of youth.
- Identify and carryout events that are important to youth.
The Youth Advisory Commission shall have at least 11 and no more than 15 voting members who are selected by applicants that live within Lake Jackson City Limits. Any youth who is age 12 – 18 and lives within Lake Jackson City Limits is eligible for membership.
Completed Application Packets must be submitted to Justin Janis via email at email@example.com or dropped off at the Lake Jackson Recreation Center, located at 91 Lake Road.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings, Minutes are available following approval.
- Most Recent Agenda and Approved Minutes
Regular meetings of the Lake Jackson Youth Advisory Commission will be held at the Lake Jackson Recreation Center, located at 91 Lake Road. If by any reason meetings need to be held at a different location, prior notification will be given to members and the public as to the change. Meetings shall begin at 5:00pm and occur on the Third Thursday of the month. Meeting locations and times are subject to change if voted on by the Officers of the Lake Jackson Youth Advisory Commission.
Contact Marketing & Youth Programs Coordinator Justin Janis to sign up for YAC or with any questions.